It can be very frustrating if you wrongly send money from your mtn mobile money wallet to the wrong person without knowing how to get it back.
It is possible to reverse an MTN Mobile Money transaction if, error or if you did not receive the goods or services that you paid for
To reverse an MTN Mobile Money transaction, you will need to contact MTN customer care and provide them with the details of the wrong transaction that you would like to reverse.
They will then review your request and let you know if it is possible to reverse the transaction. Usually, it may be necessary to provide additional documentation or information to support your request.
According to Mtn, to possibly reverse a wrong transaction, you must report it to its customer care within the first 15 days you made the transaction.
This post will guide you to get back a wrongful transfer you made from your momo wallet.
How To Reverse Mtn Mobile Money In Ghana
As soon as you notice you made a mistake transaction from your momo wallet, call the mtn customer care by following the below steps but make sure it is within the first 15 days from the day you made the error transaction:
- First, call the mtn customer care by dialing 100.
- Select your preferred language.
- Then select Mobile Money.
- Choose Wrongful Mobile Cash Transactions.
- And select Speak to an Agent.
- When the agent answers your call, Explain your circumstance.
- Mention the appropriate account where you intended to send cash.
- Mention the account you sent the money to erroneously.
- Ensure the amount of money involved.
How To Avoid Sending Wrong Transaction on Mtn Mobile Money
There are a few steps you can take to avoid making a wrong transaction using MTN Mobile Money:
- Double-check the recipient’s phone number to be sure you have entered the correct phone number for the recipient before you send the money.
- Confirm the amount: Check the amount you are sending to be sure it is correct.
- Review the transaction details: Before you confirm the transaction, review all the details to ensure everything is correct.
- Use the preview feature: Some versions of the MTN Mobile Money app have a preview feature that allows you to review the transaction details before you send the money.
Even though I don’t recommend this method, you can call the person you made the wrong transaction with and explain your issue. Make sure your submission is polite and straightforward to avoid being a suspected fraudster.